Packing Tips from Your Affordable Moving Company
Don’t let packing stress you out when you move!
Eliminate the hassle of packing from your moving day by following these procedures.
- Start by making an inventory of your heavy items, followed by how many boxes you may need for your items to be packed.
- When packing, start with items that are not used frequently and will not be needed on moving day.
- Pack items that are similar together and keep all parts together. Small items such as bolts and connectors can be contained in a Ziploc bag and packed with the main item.
- Tame electrical cords by winding them together.
- Wrap individual items with either packing paper or blanket, especially fragile items.
- Pack your fragile items together in small boxes, making sure each item is wrapped individually with cushioning like crushed paper or bubble wrap.
- LABEL each box by what it contains and the room the contents came from. Identify fragile items.
- Consider using wardrobe boxes for your hanging clothes. That way, you can easily move your clothes without having to fold and unfold them.
- Don’t overload any of the boxes, as that will be difficult when unloading and also might damage fragile items while en-route.
- Get your large appliances ready for your move. Items such as washer, dryer, refrigerator and freezer need to be unplugged and prepped according to the instruction manual. If you don’t have the manual, contact the specific dealer.
Items to keep separate:
The following items should be kept separate and with you throughout the moving process. Use a small box or a storage tote to keep these items separate and labeled. Such items of importance include:
- Address books
- Airline tickets
- Car titles
- Cash and check books
- Financial documents
- Insurance documents
- Jewelry of high value
- Car keys
- Medical records
- Etc. …
EkoMovers is here to make sure everything else goes smoothly. We’re the best long distance movers for a reason – we know how to get things from Point A to Point B punctually and in one piece. When you need relocation movers, turn to the most affordable moving company in Cincinnati!